Monday, December 10, 2012

Music

The music bounces off the walls of my cranium. I rock out to the music in my head. The songs are my anthems. The lyrics from all the songs pieced together become my words. My story. I lack the courage to tell it. I don’t possess the knowledge to compose it. My story is stuck, bouncing around in my head. The tunes become jumbled. The songs play on repeat and spin me in circles. The circles get me nowhere. They taunt me.

My fingers dance across the keyboard and my eyes scan from left to right and back again. Words put themselves on the page. The backspace button is still like-new, but it might as well get used. The “enter” key separates one thought from the next
and the next

and the next.

Where’s the cohesion? How do I tie it together? These words, these songs, this story…it wants to be given life but it’s stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment